On such a special day most brides want a totally different makeup scheme to their usual look, but many are worried about getting it wrong and ending up looking too overdone. Finding an experienced makeup artist, who will come up with a wedding makeup combination that suits both your skin tone and your wedding style, can ensure that you look absolutely beautiful in your wedding pictures.
When to book your wedding makeup artist(s)
You should be looking to choose your wedding makeup artist around five to six months before your special day and you should book both for the wedding day itself and for a trial run two to three months beforehand. If you can arrange to have your hair and makeup trials on the same day it’s a great excuse for a girl’s night out.
Who to book wedding makeup for on your wedding day
We recommend to book the makeup artist or makeup team for any bridesmaids and possibly the mothers of the bride and groom as well as yourself, but you are the only one that should need a wedding makeup trial session.
Selecting your wedding makeup artist(s)
When you're talking to makeup artists and deciding which one to use, the questions they ask you are possibly more important than their responses to your questions. They should be asking you about the lighting at the ceremony and reception, the type of venue you have chosen, the color of your wedding dress and the overall wedding theme, and the hairstyle you have in mind. Your makeup artist should have a wide range of styles in their repertoire and they should be prepared to listen to what you want, while also making suggestions themselves if they feel something you ask for might not suit you or your wedding style.
Wedding makeup trial tips
When you schedule your bridal makeup trial you should have a few of your favorite looks to share with the makeup artist to identify and make sure that you get exactly what you want, rather than settling for a random first try. If you aren’t happy with your makeup trial, we recommend either booking another appointment to attempt alternate looks or perhaps finding another makeup artist.
Top beauty tips for brides
With our years of experience beautifying brides across New Jersey and the Tri-state state area here are just a few general tips and tricks proven to help any bride.
1. We recommend choosing colors that match your skin's complexion. For example and generally speaking brunettes look great in warm shades of plum, cream and copper, while blondes can carry off colder shades such as lavender, blue-grey and teal and redheads look stunning in peach, grey or moss green.
2. It's a magical day filled with happy emotions so we know very few brides get through the day without a few tears of joy. As your makeup Glaminator's we want to make sure you avoid panda eyes by using high quality waterproof mascara. This can also double up as waterproof liquid eyeliner.
3. If you want to make any changes to your skin care and beauty routine, do so several weeks before the wedding. Getting a facial or using a new beauty product the week before the big day can provoke a very ill timed breakout.
4. Getting the perfect complexion on your wedding day can take more than just a good foundation. The stress of wedding planning can cause breakouts and bad skin, so take time to relax and pamper yourself before your special day.
5. Drink plenty of water and try to limit the amount of coffee and alcohol you consume. Get into the habit of cleansing and moisturising daily, preferably several weeks before the wedding.
If you found this helpful then let me know in the comments section below. Want me to cover another topic of your interest pertaining to beauty? If so, then like us and follow us on social media, and post to any of our social media profiles the topic you'd like us to discuss:
Facebook @GlaminatorBeauty | Twitter @GlaminatorBeauty | Instagram @GlaminatorBeauty